Elim was founded in September, 1922, when 26 charter members signed a notice to organize a new church. The first services and Sunday School classes were held in the Robbinsdale Village Hall.
By 1924, the new congregation was ready to begin building the church. They purchased two lots at 40th and West Broadway with the stipulation that the church would always stand on this corner. The original structure was expanded in 1951 and enlarged in 1960.
The image here is from a plaque sponsored by the Robbinsdale Historical Society in 2005. It was installed near the main entrance of Elim.